Regular production items are usually available at the Adventurous Muse Store. If you
want something that is not there, give us a call....use the Google Call Widget below for a free call.
>>>>>>> Click here for Our full contact information <<<<<<<<
D. Rickert Musical Instruments is in the process of moving its online store, the Adventurous Muse Store, to a new hosting service. We are using this as an opportunity to reorganize and refine our product lines so that we are only selling what people actually buy (i.e. getting rid of the obsolete stuff).
We are also adding an entire line of exciting fretted instruments whose physical design is inspired greatly by the Stromberg-Voicinet "Venetian" series instruments made from about 1920 to 1930. In our new lineup are the following instruments, which will be of particular interest to Celtic as well as progressive Bluegrass musicians. The new product line will include a...
- 4 course (8 string) mandolin (14" scale)
- 5 course (10 string) mandola with a pair of e-strings at the high end (17" scale)
- 4 course (8 string) standard scale octave mandolin (22" scale)
- 4 course (8 string) long scale octave mandolin (25" scale)
- 4 string tenor guitar
- 5 course (10 string) mando cello with a pair of octave e-strings at the high end (25" scale)
- 4 string small mando bass (26" scale)
- We are currently making the templates, molds and construction jigs for the 4 course 22" scale octave mandolin and the 5 course 25" scale mando cello.
- Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Two Busy Specialty Shops Within the Adventurous Muse Store
See the articles:
- It's Baroque, Man! (or the Low-down on Baroque Violins)
- Mittenwald, Sebastian Klotz and Pre-Modern Baroque Violins
The Baroque and Early Modern Shop is as store within a store where we have quality replicas of stringed instruments and accessories from the Late Renaissance (late 16th C.), Baroque (1600-1760), Transitional (1740-1800) and Early Modern (1780-1890) periods. Yes, these entirely arbitrary historic periods overlap!
The collection of product offerings in the Baroque & Pre-Modern Shop is growing daily!
The Low Note Shop: Violas, Octave and Baritone Violins, Small Bass Viol da Spalla, Violoncello da Spalla, Mini Stand-up Contra Bass Viol, Mini Standup Bass Violin, Octave Mandolins, Mandolcellos and more...
Bowed instruments, and soon, plucked instruments, tuned lower than a standard violin or fiddle. We have more experience (more than 15 years!) and make more models of instruments in this category than any other lutherie on the planet (we think?)...more than a dozen instrument models. If you count the setup and tuning options, more than a dozen!
Note: Another one of our octave violins is played on a just-released album by a top recording artist. We'll give you more information on that soon.
This is the primary website and blog for Don Rickert Musical Instruments, a company that designs
and makes musical instruments. Don Rickert Musical Instruments focuses on: Designing and making accurate historic replica instruments and accessories, and innovative high-end custom musical instrument creations for individual customers, as well as on inventing truly ground-breaking musical instruments for international design competitions and obtaining patents for its inventions.For example: the Owner, Dr. Don Rickert, recently made to the semi-finals rounds of the prestigious Guthman Musical Instrument Design Competition, in both 2012 and 2013!
Customers come to us for the unique, historic, innovative and just plain out-of-the-ordinary instruments and customization services...period! Try asking for any of the following at your local violin or fiddle shop...
- A 10-string pochette with 4 gut playable strings and 6 sympathetic strings tuned to a partial C diatonic scale
- A small viola tuned like a 'cello
- A fiddle that is 100-percent "de-farbed" to 1860s setup
Summary of our instruments and services (just scratches the surface!)
- The finest low-pitched acoustic violins and fiddles, ranging from alto to baritone range instruments, available anywhere (SEE 5 NEW INSTRUMENTS, listed under "Featured Products" at the bottom of the home page at the Adventurous Muse Store)
- Accurate instrument retro-conversion (i.e. de-farbing) to specific historic periods
- Luthier-quality historically authentic cigar box instruments
- 18th century pochettes and our renowned modern travel - backpacker violins
- Left-hand instrument conversions
- Custom instruments of every conceivable type
Regular violins and fiddles; not so much. We've got them, but people are more likely to visit their local violin or fiddle shop for the ordinary instruments (even good ones) that are widely available. This is fine with us. We are revising our online store, as well as our associated websites to serve our truly loyal customers (the hundreds of bargain browsers we get daily are welcome to, well, browse for bargains as much to their hearts' content).
Don Rickert Musical Instruments maintains an online retail store, the Adventurous Muse Store (www.AdventurousMuseStore.com) and has several companion blogs, www.AdventurousMuse.com and www.WildRockStudios.com.
While our online store, the Adventurous Muse Store, sells instruments made by others, including vintage instruments, this site is only about instruments, fittings, accessories, equipment and services that Don Rickert Musical Instruments, currently offers, used to offer, may offer in the future and related topics.